This course is aimed at installers who want to learn more about installing and commissioning air-to-water heat pumps, ground source heat pumps, gasification boilers, and multifuel boilers. With the theory, real life examples, and demos in this course, you will get the knowledge you need to work on projects utilising these heat pumps and boilers.
Classroom presentations sessions supplemented with time out of the classroom to look at various systems and build practice control systems.
- Fundamentals of air-to-water heat pumps
- Product range and features
- Heat pump heating system design
- Factors influencing performance
- Use of buffer tanks and designing for defrosting and frost protection
- DHW from heat pumps
- Commissioning the Iki2 air-to-water heat pump
- Geothermal, ground source heat pumps
- Different types of ground source heat pumps
- Designing geothermal systems
- Installing ground loops
- Prerequisites None
- Who should attend Installers